The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time again ... New Phone.
I've never managed to adapt to the size of the Nexus 6 'phablet phone'. It's brilliant in the office or at home where you can really see the benefit of the excellent screen - and the size of the handset is irellevant. 

But, venture outside and it is like trying to carry a surf board around with you! 

I've struggled keeping it in jeans pockets when out. It won't fit in some jacket pockets and is the tightest squeeze ever into my wait pack for cycling/ running. 

That said, I've managed for seven months as otherwise it's a great handset and very very powerful. 

But, I dropped it last week and smashed it. I've arranged the repair - but he phone will be wiped during the process. So, it makes sense to buy a new phone if I need to set it up again.  Cool Tongue

So, goodbye Nexus 6 - and to the Nexus range who I've stayed loyal to since the N4. 

And hello to a 64 Gig Galaxy S6 Edge. 

I looked at all of the reviews and reports and most said the only reason to go for an S7 (just released so £650 ish) was as it has expandable memory. 

What I really didn't like about the S7 is they have made it bigger - increasing screen size from 5.1" to 5.5" - so not far off the Nexus 6. 

So, a no brainer really. Save some money and get a 64 gig handset (so no storage problems as I've yet to fill 32 gig) and get the smaller handset I've missed soooooo much! 

Firs impressions are it is an amazing looking handset. Makes the Iphone look like a pig by comparison. I'm just getting it all set up as it only landed today. I'll update the thread when I've got all my apps on, my chosen launcher etc.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
It's that time again ... New Phone. - Kingy - 03-24-2016, 11:16 PM