Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Justgiving Page for the Fred Charity ride in aid of Macmillans.
Another update on the Fred and my charity total. I'm now on 'taper' week where I get to do pretty much bugger all as the ride is this Sunday. I've given up looking at weather forecasts as they change daily from heavy rain and wind to dry and sunny. I'll wait until the morning we ride when I can look out of the window!  Big Grin

I did a quick tot up of the mileage I've done training since signing up for the Fred. In total I've trained for 13.5 weeks (upto and including last week). In that time I've ridden 1,852 miles (137 miles a week) and run on the fells 125.8 miles (9 miles a week). There has been a fair bit of elevation (hills) in those miles too. I can hand on heart say that I couldn't have done more and if I'm not ready now I never will be. 

Charity wise today saw me break the £1k mark. I'm currently at £1,066.16 with cash to add (£170 offline) and a couple more people that have said they want to sponsor me. Whatever it ends up I'm over the moon with the amount raised and can't thank my friends (YOU!) enough.  Cool

I've had the bike I will be riding into the bike shop for a service so that it is spot on and ready to go. 
As well as sponsoring me and helping me out price wise the bike shop have given me a race team top and shorts to wear. I really am pleased with how good they have been and continue to be. It really is a top shop. 

I will wear them both (I do like the top a lot) but as it's me there will probably be a pair of mountainbike baggies over the lycra shorts.  Tongue They are incredibly comfy, but its lycra .......  Wink

This is the top: 

[Image: IMG_20160422_191233_zpsgvmusqgb.jpg]

And this is the full kit: 

[Image: 20160430_131118_zpsemq6d2wa.jpg]
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Justgiving Page for the Fred Charity ride in aid of Macmillans. - Kingy - 05-03-2016, 05:12 PM