Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Justgiving Page for the Fred Charity ride in aid of Macmillans.
Just to keep all of you lovely people that have sponsored me upto date, I thought I'd give you an idea of the training I'm putting in. Whilst I know the 'Fred' is a few months away, I'm wanting to make sure I prepare properly so I don't let myself or my lovely sponsors down. (Or that racing pigeon Dave 'SpeedymadR6' who I'll be riding alongside). 

My training 'proper' started w/c Jan 18th - the week I started riding my new bike for work commutes. 

W/C 18/1/16 ... 4 days, 106 miles. 
W/C 25/1/16 ... 4 days, 118 miles.
W/C 1/2/16 ... 4 days, 149 miles. (Fourth ride 56 miles, 5000 ft climbing)
W/C 8/2/16 ... 4 days, 160 miles. (Fourth ride 63 miles, 6300 ft climbing)

Each week has also seen a 10 mile fell run with 1900 ft of climbing to help strengthen the legs up.

Weather and time permitting my plan is to get as close to 100 miles as I can Tues/Wed/Thurs commuting and then have one longer ride per week. 
Ideally I'll build the one 'longer' ride up in distance and climbing as the weeks move on, as time in the saddle will be important if we are looking at the 'Fred' taking seven to eight hours.  

This week didn't start too well this morning as Google Lady told me it was -2 degrees but would feel like -6 degrees. I wandered outside to check for ice at 4.15am and whilst there was a bit, the roads seemed ok. I decided to ride in, but took it very easy so only managed 17 miles rather than the planned 20. I'll try and make that up, weather permitting. And Google lady was right - It did feel like -6 or less. I had to stop at one point and stick a 'buff' on my head as it was bloody freezing! Big Grin
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Justgiving Page for the Fred Charity ride in aid of Macmillans. - Kingy - 02-16-2016, 04:02 PM