Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've had a bit of a Social Media rant ...
(11-05-2015, 05:12 PM)croweman Wrote: Have you got no legal standing Paul given you had an agreement for delivery in writing? Is it not breach of contract. Or is it just too much litigation costs to bother with?

No, sadly not. Our written 'Sales Order Confirmation' with confirmed delivery date is just pre-sales negotiations and is confirmation of an order, but not legally binding. I think that's how it goes anyway. Essentially they can do whatever they want. 

I can mention it on here as they won't see it - but I've spoken to a supplier who they undercut. It was a bigger order than ours (100 tonnes against our 25 tonnes). When the customer called the delivery in Longfield just said ... Sorry it didnt arrive and then refused to enter into any communication. So, they have form for this behaviour - and again - they got away with that. As it is hard to get credit in our industry (we have 22 years and the building we own behind us and still have stupid limits) Longfield evidently hold the arrogant view that they can mess customers around because the customer will struggle to get product at some point and will have to go back to Longfield at some point to use their credit facility. ..............................I will eat broken glass first!  Tongue
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've had a bit of a Social Media rant ... - Kingy - 11-05-2015, 05:22 PM