The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car game to increase motorcycle awareness?
My partner's younger siblings are staying with us for the weekend (some summer holiday fun that I got told about yesterday!) and part of the 'plans' was to take them to Longleat safari. However, they tend to get a little bored on car journeys (can't say as I blame them), so we opted to play a new game to keep them entertained. It stemmed from one of them asking why I always said "there's a motorbike" whenever I see a motorbike (which I do if I'm with bike unaware passengers to highlight how many you can come across on a journey).

So the game was simple, spot a bike and say "motorbike" and get a point, person with the most points wins (I was judge and not allowed to play because apparently that would be unfair...). Over the course of the journey there and back, we encountered maybe a dozen or so bikes, and each one was found by one of the youngsters, with the occasional disagreement over who saw them first.

While completely irrelevant to most things in life, I did ponder whether there would be some benefit in later life if this were a regular 'car game'. Would it impact on youngsters when they then begin to drive, subconsciously spotting bikers because they always used to get the points? I suspect a proper psychological academic assessment may be needed to actually define whether playing a 'spot the motorbike' car game would increase motorcycle awareness in young drivers or not, but I wondered what you guys (as fellow bikers) thought about trying to ingrain motorcycle awareness through these sorts of measures at young ages.

P.S. To raise awareness for cyclists, I opt for the good old fashioned 'ten points for every one you hit' game Wink

Messages In This Thread
Car game to increase motorcycle awareness? - FraserG - 08-22-2015, 09:44 PM