Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Nexus 6 phone due out. What do you think of it ...
When I googled (oohhh the irony) the issue with the Nexus 7 there are loads of hits with people having exactly the same issue. It seems to affect the 2012 Nexus 7 and is something on the board. Google know about it, but will only take back tablets under warranty. Those not under warranty are directed to Asus for out of warranty repair. Where goodwill is given (Eg 13 month old tablet) the customer is told Google will look into the repair and advise. If a new tablet is required customer is to buy one and await confirmation of a refund assuming the fault is confirmed. Bit shoddy to be honest and alongside the new pricing policy is putting me right off the Nexus brand.
The whole point of Nexus range was good back up, cheap ish product (so you accepted it didn't feel premium compared to other tablets/handsets) but good spec when released. The ethos (to me) was value for money. I'm not seeing that now. I'm seeing cheap feeling/looking products that fail and don't get the back up. If you want a more premium feel then you pay Apple prices for the newer Google products. Real shame. Mind you, as you say, there will be enough Google fanboys for them to peddle their Nexi to. Smile

... I do like Lollipop though. Its a nice fresh look and has some convenient (user) improvements. Handy really as it will keep me happy with the Nexus 5 for a good few months yet. If I can I'll wait until second quarter 2015 so I can see what new phones will be released next year.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Nexus 6 phone due out. What do you think of it ... - Kingy - 11-26-2014, 07:49 AM