The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Nexus 6 phone due out. What do you think of it ...
Amongst other bits of tech I like to play about with - I like my phones.

I've had the Nexus 3, Nexus 4 and currently have the Nexus 5. I've changed each year and passed my 'old' phone down to one of the kids. My Nexus 5 is nearly a year old, so would normally be looking at ordering the Nexus 6.
Because the prices are good, the Nexus makes a great sim free phone to add a sim to which gives you a better deal than on contract.

I like the Nexus as they are cheap (towards similar specced phones), get Google o/s updates straight away and are normally well built and the current 'size' you would expect.

Unfortunately Google have done what they warned back in June '14 when they said they intended to lift the price and drop the 'Nexus' ethos.

The Nexus 5 32 gig was £339.

The Nexus 6 32 gig is anticipated to be £460 minimum but may be more (some are suggesting upto £550).

Its also going to be a 'phablet' - bigger than the Iphone 6+. Its massive and far too big for a 'daily use' phone.
Price wise, its up in the realms of not being a clever sim free option and may well work out cheaper on a contract which for me defeats the point.

This is the N5 next to the N6. I think the N5 is plenty big enough and don't want anything larger. I really hope this is not the way phones are going.

[Image: nexus-6-vs-nexus-5-front-710x436.jpg]

So, I'll be keeping my Nexus 5. Its a cracking phone and I'll be looking around at alternatives to change to. I'll probably stick with android as I prefer o/s to Apples, although I may look at the Iphone 6 (the smaller on) just to see what it's like.

I'm really disappointed with Google as I think they have sucked people in with the Nexus range and are now selling out and trying to 'do an Apple'. We will soon find out if they have the fanboys to make this work.

This is the article : http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-6-...-5-538524/
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
New Nexus 6 phone due out. What do you think of it ... - Kingy - 10-23-2014, 10:41 AM