Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There and back again, via lunch - a learner's tale
I personally would like to think I've always been considerate of my biker friends when I was driving a car (before doing the CBT), I always try and pull over if I'm in traffic to let them pass (being careful of cyclists coming up the inside naturally) and always try to keep back when following so they don't feel that I'm pressuring them.

But I completely agree that car drivers should be made to do some form of bike training as part of the car test. It would save a lot of lives. I nearly got taken out this morning by someone pulling right out of the junction as I was turning right into it from the main road. They just pulled out. Again, I guessed by their body language that they hadn't seen me so I gave a quick hoot of my horn and the surprise on their face told me they hadn't seen me at all.

Tomorrow will be fun, I'm having to do the journey again on the bike to Lboro and back as the train won't get me there in time for lectures and still haven't found a replacement car.

If I'm not around on Wednesday send search and rescue looking in the ditches Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: There and back again, via lunch - a learner's tale - FraserG - 10-20-2014, 11:00 AM