Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There and back again, via lunch - a learner's tale
Well done mate. Cool
Thats a pretty gruelling journey to do on a 125. Throw in dark, dodgy weather and a smattering of van w@nkers and its a real test for a new rider.

Very sensible getting everything sorted the night before too. I only ride (cycle) into work, but have everything laid out the night before, lights on charge etc. so in the morning I simply grab whats needed with no thought. (I find it hard to think at 4.30am in the morning, plus if I was lights on/lights off stomping around I'd have one very angry wife! Wink lol).

I once bought a new Kawasaki ZX6-R (the 636 B1H) from a Kwak/Ducati dealer in Reading. I part exed the yellow Ducati 996 I had at the time (straight swap). Went down with the Ducati in a van and a couple of mates with the intention of me riding the Kwak back to try and get the 'run in' miles done on the trip home. I lasted about 10 or 15 miles at 60mph and then stuck the thing in the back of the van! I just couldn't maintain around 60mph or less - especially as we were doing M1 home. I take my hat off to the people I see on 125's out on all roads in all weathers with long journeys as it must be quite hard work maintaining the level of concentration required for self preservation whilst speed is so restricted. Smile
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007

Messages In This Thread
RE: There and back again, via lunch - a learner's tale - Kingy - 10-16-2014, 07:01 AM