Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Films worth a watch.
Everly

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1945084/

Quote:An action/thriller centered on a woman who faces down assassins sent by her ex, a mob boss, while holed up in her apartment.

I'll be honest. I watched this because it has Salma Hayek running around in flimsy clothes and underwear and showing her cleavage pretty much from start to finish. Yes, I'm shallow. But I can live with that! Wink

The reason the ^^ film description is very short is because thats all that happens. Its 92 minutes of bloody carnage with a massive bodycount seeing many people killed off in Tarantino style bloodbaths.
If Hayek or bloody deaths don't do it for you then don't bother. It's not a very good film in truth. It's dark, incredibly tongue in cheek (with the odd laugh thrown in), has no depth and could be a video game. I was watching and flicking to the football. I only stuck with it to see if it got better. It didn't, but it's not trying to be anything other than a gory 'B Movie' bloodfest so I have no problem with that. 5/10
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Supremacy

A just paroled white supremacist and his ruthless girlfriend kill a cop and take an African American family hostage. Meanwhile, Sobecki, the heavily-tattooed supremacist leader who oversees his criminal empire from behind bars, is not thrilled when he learns of his charge's screw-up. The patriarch of the family, an ornery ex-con himself, must rely on his wit and understanding of the racist mind to find a plan to free his family, but not before he confronts his own brand of bigotry and anger.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2245151/

This only got 5.5 on imdb but I really enjoyed it, might not be everyones cup of tea. Has a good storyline and Danny Glover plays a decent role for a change. Very gritty and quite hard hitting but worth a watch.
Nice one Martin. Thanks for the suggestion. I try and watch the odd film when Yaz is away and she flies out to Shanghai in the morning so I *should* get some time this weekend assuming I can catch up on my tv series eps. Wink
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg] Croft 2005, Cadwell 2006, Cadwell 2007
Big Hero 6

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2245084/

Quote:From Walt Disney Animation Studios, the team behind "Frozen" and "Wreck-It Ralph," comes "Big Hero 6," an action-packed comedy-adventure about the special bond that develops between Baymax, a plus-sized inflatable robot, and prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating event befalls the city of San Fransokyo and catapults Hiro into the midst of danger, he turns to Baymax and his close friends adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. Determined to uncover the mystery, Hiro transforms his friends into a band of high-tech heroes called "Big Hero 6."

Watched this with the kids at weekend. Yes, it's aimed at kids but I really enjoyed it. We were all laughing and all thought it was a great film. Appreciate if you haven't got kids you are unlikely to bother with it - But if it's on and you get the chance then don't dodge it. It is good, honest fun. 8/10.
The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1951265/

Quote:Katniss Everdeen is in District 13 after she shatters the games forever. Under the leadership of President Coin and the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss spreads her wings as she fights to save Peeta and a nation moved by her courage.
And ...
Quote:With the Games destroyed, Katniss Everdeen, along with Gale, Finnick and Beetee, end up in the so thought "destroyed" District 13. Under the leadership of President Coin and the advice of her friends, Katniss becomes the "Mockingjay", the symbol of rebellion for the districts of Panem.

I've watched these with the kids. Aliya (13 yrs) has really got into them and has enjoyed each film. I thought the first was good, the second a bit meh so I was sceptical about this one.
It seems to have been padded out with lots of lingering CGI scenes and is all building up to part 2. There is nothing particularly wrong with it - just that you know its a stepping stone to the main event and as such its all a bit 'pantomime villain' as there isn't that much actually happens compared with the other two films so what does is overly dramatic.
If you want to watch the trilogy (but four films) then this is a necessary evil that you must watch. It's not bad, but its really not that in its own right good either. 5.5/10.
Lucy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/

watched this on sunday, we found it a good film

A woman, accidentally caught in a dark deal, turns the tables on her captors and transforms into a merciless warrior evolved beyond human logic.
[Image: Crashtestmonkeyredsmall_zpsfc1e3d39.jpg]
Cadwell 2011/ Angelsey2011/ Cadwell 2013 (this one hurt) and retired me Sad
Ooh. Nice one JJ. I've had my eye on that but had been waiting to hear what someone thought about it. WIll give it a watch now. Smile
I've got mocking jay to watch so i'l give that a go, I watched Lucy a while a go its a good watch but I did find you have to have a good imagination to get the best out out of it.
(02-24-2015, 01:56 PM)croweman Wrote: I've got mocking jay to watch so i'l give that a go, I watched Lucy a while a go its a good watch but I did find you have to have a good imagination to get the best out out of it.

MJ is worth a watch, especially as part 2 is due soon I think.
Thanks for the additional info on Lucy. Will take a look if I get time this weekend.
John Wick

An ex-hitman comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that took everything from him.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2911666/

Just watched this one and i've got to say its one of Keanu Reeves better roles, lots of action and a decent storyline. Believable fight scenes add to a good watch so your not sat there thinking yeah right as if he could do that. It got a 7.2 on imdb and it deserved it.