ThrottleMonkey
What are your day jobs? - Printable Version

+- ThrottleMonkey (http://dw4n.com/ThM)
+-- Forum: The Two Wheeled Monkey forum .... (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chat and Banter and Sillyness! Anything goes. (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What are your day jobs? (/showthread.php?tid=89)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: What are your day jobs? - Rick - 10-05-2014

I'm still a field service engineer fixing x - ray, metal detectors and checkweighers. I travel UK and worldwide.
Last few months I've been to Ivory Coast, Ghana x 2, Cameroon, South Africa, Turkey, Oman and next Tuesday it'll be Norway.
The money is ok but the hours are shocking.
If money was no problem I'd do f*ck all except relax, grow me veggies and the occasional TD.
I'm still happily married to the lovely Ziggy with 4 kiddies, Lucy, Sydney, Oscar and Jerry. There all moggies by the way.

RE: What are your day jobs? - klu - 10-05-2014

I'm a software developer for a consulting firm in London, great pay & I really enjoy what I do so no complaints there.

If money was no object I'd probably buy a farm with a load of land and make MotoX tracks, a go kart track etc. basically a giant playground.

RE: What are your day jobs? - Anth - 10-05-2014

Im a process operator on an oil refinery,been in that job for ten years now,which has gone so fast !! Its quite a monotonous job where not a lot happens and hopefully will stay that way regards loss of containment !!

I have a trade which sometimes i forget about,in mechanical engineering and would really like to combine the two skill sets and develop further down a avenue that would see the two disciplines compliment each other,well thats the plan anyway Cool

RE: What are your day jobs? - jollyjoiner - 10-05-2014

(10-05-2014, 08:56 PM)Anth Wrote: Im a process operator on an oil refinery,been in that job for ten years now,which has gone so fast !! Its quite a monotonous job where not a lot happens and hopefully will stay that way regards loss of containment !!

I have a trade which sometimes i forget about,in mechanical engineering and would really like to combine the two skill sets and develop further down a avenue that would see the two disciplines compliment each other,well thats the plan anyway Cool

And work more than 4 days without having 20 off Smile

RE: What are your day jobs? - picasso - 10-05-2014

Ive always had the nickname picasso as for many yrs ive been a paint sprayer. all things metal and cars vans hgv and loads of race bikes Smile
but for the last yr ive worked at a scooter dealer as a mechanic in newark where i live always had mechanics hands so love the job im in now Cool
would like in the future to work in a big bike shop like cmc

I've known CMC since having mmy first bike in 1985 when they was a small dealership in Stavely, i've had many a bike off them over the years and still pop in for a chat with them Smile

RE: What are your day jobs? - Anth - 10-05-2014

1985 !! Nigel you got into bikes late,were you a born again biker back then !! Any how i have to work 20 shifts to get 14 off !!

I was 17 matey Smile

RE: What are your day jobs? - nuggiebok - 10-05-2014

I was 4 Big Grin

RE: What are your day jobs? - jollyjoiner - 10-06-2014

Ok ok so i'm old Sad