ThrottleMonkey
Imac 27" - Bit impressive - Printable Version

+- ThrottleMonkey (http://dw4n.com/ThM)
+-- Forum: The Two Wheeled Monkey forum .... (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chat and Banter and Sillyness! Anything goes. (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Imac 27" - Bit impressive (/showthread.php?tid=692)

Imac 27" - Bit impressive - Kingy - 04-06-2018

An Aunt of mine with more money than sense visited my uncle to drop off a 27" iMac she had replaced (with a brand new one). Long story short he didn't want it so she phoned me and asked if I'd like it for the kids.  Big Grin

Needless to say - jumped at it. Ordered new RAM straight away and fitted that to up it to 12 gig of RAM. Not only does it look amazing but it flies with the extra RAM. Very impressed with it (although I would never pay the nearly £2k they cost). 

Have it linked to a Cambridge Audio unit (Amazon music) and have everything working (same as my Windows laptop) except Microsoft Excel. Anyone on here use Apple gear and have an easy workaround for spreadsheets? I need to fill reports in for work and it's all done in Excel so ideally I need compatibility to process work I do so it can be sent around via email. 

Anyone?

RE: Imac 27" - Bit impressive - jollyjoiner - 04-06-2018

Funny you should ask this but my daughter has a mac book so does all this type of apple stuff.
She is at work tonight and has just gone off to do her 12 hour shift in A&E (bless her) When I see her tomorrow I will ask her and might get her to answer you her self on here if she knows what to do.

RE: Imac 27" - Bit impressive - Kingy - 04-09-2018

No worries.
I'm using 'Numbers' to work on Excel and 'Pages' as a Word substitute.
If she has any better advice I'd welcome it.

RE: Imac 27" - Bit impressive - jollyjoiner - 04-09-2018

(04-09-2018, 05:46 PM)Kingy Wrote: No worries.
I'm using 'Numbers' to work on Excel and 'Pages' as a Word substitute.
If she has any better advice I'd welcome it.

Now I now believe Yogi's lad Chris put excel on our Sophies Ibook for her so should might be able to sort something.
The other thing she uses similar to word and spread sheets is on Google.
Log on to your google account
then click on google apps on the right of the page at the side of images
scroll down and click on Docs
once docs have opened up clicking on blank opens an new page for you to start writing
If you want to start spreadsheets then once the docs have opened the click on the main menu on the left at side of Google Docs and click on sheets.

Right I apologize now if you knew how to do this already and if it's no help at all Wink

RE: Imac 27" - Bit impressive - Kingy - 04-09-2018

Cheers mate. Will try this out.

RE: Imac 27" - Bit impressive - Kingy - 04-10-2018

^ ^ Works fine. Thanks for the pointer Nige. Will either use that or 'Numbers' and sent as a PDF to avoid excel compatibility issues.

RE: Imac 27" - Bit impressive - jollyjoiner - 04-10-2018

(04-10-2018, 06:40 PM)Kingy Wrote: ^ ^ Works fine. Thanks for the pointer Nige. Will either use that or 'Numbers' and sent as a PDF to avoid excel compatibility issues.

Your welcome

RE: Imac 27" - Bit impressive - Kingy - 05-04-2018

Well I'm converted with this iMac. Never saw the need to spend a wedge on these, but it's proved a joy to use and has meant (because it looks so good) that I've been able to get a basic office sorted. Rather nice and reassuringly expensive oak desk and matching file cabinet. It all looks mint, but as said the iMac is a cracking piece of kit. Luckily this also means that my Windows laptop can live in the garage connected to the Elite turbo trainer. Smile

RE: Imac 27" - Bit impressive - Kingy - 01-21-2019

The odd time I have to use my Lenevo Windows PC (Win 10) it drives me mad. Soooooo slow and always being buggered up by shitty updates. I really do now appreciate just how smooth and painless the Mac / IOS experience is and will not be reverting back to windows.

Imac.
Android Phone (Pixel 2 XL)
Android tablet (Pixel)

Also have an iPad but its too restricted by IOS (as are the iPhones) to be taken seriously.