ThrottleMonkey
TV Series Worth Watching. - Printable Version

+- ThrottleMonkey (http://dw4n.com/ThM)
+-- Forum: The Two Wheeled Monkey forum .... (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Chat and Banter and Sillyness! Anything goes. (http://dw4n.com/ThM/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TV Series Worth Watching. (/showthread.php?tid=13)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - Kingy - 04-11-2016

Good shout.
I've watched the first 2 eps (S4) and agree, it's looking like it could be more of the same after series 3. Unplug your brain and enjoy. Really is good fun. I really do like some of the characters in this series a lot Smile

Americans is back too. Getting a bit bored with it now though. It needs a big development to avoid becoming 'samey'.
Izombie - Series 3 is a few eps. in. Soft-zombie series with humour. Easy to watch.

Lucifer - First series is 10 episodes in. Can't make my mind up if this is quite good or a bit pants. Started off really well and I enjoyed it, but as the episodes have ticked on - for the Devil I just expect a bit more wrath and fury. I'll stick with it though.

Hap and Leonard. - Amazon exclusive. Took five episodes to get interesting. Hard work until then. Just getting good in sixth episode and it looks like its possibly a series break!

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - Kingy - 04-12-2016

Fear the Walking Dead started series 2 on Sunday night (USA). First episode was (as per the first series) a slow builder, but reached a promising scenario before the credits rolled.

I'm hoping we get some character development this series as I really wouldn't mind all of the main characters being drowned or thrown in a pit of zombies. I know they do not understand the zombie holocaust as we do (from the sister series The Walking Dead) but they are showing compassion, naivety and whining like little bitches far more than any sane person would having seen the dead rise and try to eat people!

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - croweman - 04-12-2016

I'll look out for that, agree there are a few of the cast that need eating , I think the kids are going to be the leaders somehow.

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - Kingy - 04-25-2016

Game of Thrones is back. Not had chance to watch it yet, but I think it aired in the US last week so will see it tonight. Looking forward to it.

Vikings has just finished (10 eps). Has been fantastic this season. So many strong characters, so many cunning gits and interwoven storylines. Brilliant, although I was a bit disappointed with the finale. That was my take on the outcome rather than the acting or writing though.

Banshee has ramped it up in it's usual mad, frantic way. Thoroughly enjoyable though. Cracking series.

Have tried watching a couple of episodes of Longmire. I'm not sure about it though. It must be good as it's a few seasons in. Has anyone on here watched it?

Longmire

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836037/

Quote:Walt Longmire is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County. Widowed only a year, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. Struggling since his wife's death and at the urging of his daughter, Cady, Longmire knows that the time has come to turn his life around. With the help of Vic, a female deputy new to the department, he becomes reinvigorated about his job and committed to running for re-election. When Branch, an ambitious, young deputy decides to run against him for sheriff, Longmire feels betrayed but remains steadfast in his dedication to the community. Longmire often turns to close friend and confidant Henry Standing Bear for support as he sets out to rebuild both his personal and professional life, one step at a time.

It has 8.2 out of 10 on IMDb but I stopped looked at the point averages on there a long time ago as I think they are fixed. (Social media generated votes). Much prefer to get a view from anyone that has watched a series or two.

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - Kingy - 04-26-2016

Watched series 6 episode 1 of Game of Thrones last night. What a cracking series it is. Belting first episode. The writing and production is so good you just carry on after months of waiting as if there hadn't been a break. No need for any catch up beforehand. 

Fear the Walking Dead keeps threatening to explode into action, then stops dead in it's tracks again. Very poor relation to its sister series 'The Walking Dead'. So much so that with 'Fear the Walking Dead' I'm pretty much rooting for the zombies to find them all and kill them. It would put us all out of our misery. 

Forgot to mention this. It's been on channel 4, but I've watched the odd episode and think it's really good so far. (I've watched three). 

The Aliens.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5458832/

Quote:Nearly 40 years ago aliens crash-landed in the UK. They look like us, but are forced to live in a ghetto. Border control officer Lewis falls in love with one.

Crap ^^ bio as there is much more going on with several plots weaving in and out of each other. Good solid actors and a decent script (if you like a bit of sci-fi). Thumbs up based on what I've seen so far.  Cool

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - croweman - 04-26-2016

Agreed on fear the walking dead, I'm still thinking the kids will end up being the stronger characters. Whether they're building up to that who knows but wish they'd hurry up the plot lines are shite.

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - Kingy - 04-27-2016

You could well be right. Nick looks like he could be the one the writers decide can step up as the series trudges on. The only character that I've any interest in is Strand and he doesn't get enough proper screen time.

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - Kingy - 05-03-2016

Game of Thrones ...  Exclamation

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - croweman - 05-04-2016

Never really watched game of thrones, but got through all 5 series vin a week last week still none the wiser really on what the frig is going on but I'm enjoying it. Series 6 much better Ramsey nasty pasty.

RE: TV Series Worth Watching. - Kingy - 05-05-2016

Lol. I was similar Martin. Very late to GoT because I thought a 'fantasy' series with Dragons, witches and dwarfs would be a load of crap. Decided to invest a bit of time when I realised there were boobs too. Lots of boobs ... Smile ... and found I really enjoyed it.
Have to agree with your Ramsay comment. It takes some doing to out-evil King Joffrey, but he has done it and then some. Think the Tyrion character is brilliant too.